The contents of this plug-in are the same as the contents of the Box plug-in in the Plug-in Marketplace
(The Plug-in Marketplace is due to be removed after the update on September 11th 2015)
This is a sample Plug-in with a kintone integration with "Box", a file hosting service operated by Box, Inc.
The Box plugin displays contents of your Box account, and also creates new folders when new records are created.
You will need an active Box account to connect your kintone app with Box.
The Box plugin has the following characteristics:
- Contents of files can be previewed within the record
- When a record is created in the app, a folder will be created inside your box account.
- When a folder is created in your box account, this will not create a new record in your kintone app.
Setting up the Box Plug-in
Follow the below 4 steps to connect your kintone app to your Box account.
Step 1: Set up your form in the App Settings
To configure your Box plug-in, you will first need to edit your app's form and set the below 2 fields.
- A "Single-line text" field with a "Prohibit duplicate values" option
This value in this field will be used to create and correspond to folders in your Box account.
- A "Link" field with the URL option, or a "Single-line text" field.
Box will be embedded in the location of this field.
Once these fields are set, you can go ahead to place other fields of your choice onto the canvas. They will not affect the behavior of the Plug-in.
Step 2: Add the Box Plug-in to your app
Install the Box Plug-in into your kintone environment, and add it to your app.
- Download the Box Plug-in file introduced later on this page
- Install the Plug-in file into your kintone environment. Check the kintone help page on how to install plugins to your kintone environment.
- Add the Box Plug-in to your app. Check the kintone help page on how to add Plug-ins to your app.
Step 3: Configure the Settings for the Plug-in
Set up the configurations for the Plug-in added to your app in STEP 2.
- On the apps settings page, click on "Advanced Settings" -> "Plug-ins", and click on the cog wheel for the Box Plug-in.
- Set up each item in the settings as follows:
- Box Parent Folder ID
Specify the Folder ID of a folder in your box account. kintone will create folders under here when you create a new record in kintone.
The folder ID can be found in the URL of your box folder, in the form below:
htt ps://app.box.com/files/0/f/(Folder ID)/(Folder Name)
- kintone Key Field
Select the "Single-line text" field in your app that has the "Prohibit duplicate values" option turned on. When a new record is created in your app, a folder with the same name as the value of this field will be created in your Box account.
- Box Shared Link Field
Select the "Link" field or "Single-line text" field in your app. This location will be where Box will be embedded in your record details page.
- Box Shared Link Permissions
Sets the permission type of the folder:
- Collaborators (People in this folder): Only users who are invited to the folder can access the files.
- Company (People in your company): Users with a company email address or collaborators who have access to the folder can access the files.
- Open (Anyone with the link): Any user can access the files if they have the link.
- Box Parent Folder ID
- Click save.
- Click on "Settings" on the breadcrumbs,
and on "Apply Changes" to apply the Plug-in settings.
STEP 4: Allow kintone to access Box
When you add a new record to the app, you will be directed to a log in screen of box, where you will be asked to input your email address and password for your box account.
Place in your credentials, and click “Authorize”, and your Box Plug-in will be ready.
|10th August 2017||ver. 1.6||
|4th September 2015||ver. 1.5|
- This Box Plug-in sample will not run on the smartphone.
- We do not guarantee this sample to run.
- We do not provide any technical support for this sample Plug-in.
- Some of the code in this Plug-in alters the DOM structure of the app. These altered DOM structures may be affected by future kintone updates. Be sure to note this if you are to use this Plug-in sample as reference.